The giving spirit of our loyal patrons has helped keep the University Concert Series a viable part of the community for over 100 years. Ticket sales alone do not account for the yearly balancing of the budget. In fact, there are many ways to contribute without attending an event.
You can make a gift to the University Concert Series year round by phone, by mail, in person, or securely online at the new concertseries.org. These gifts go a long way in making the Concert Series financially sound. For example:
- A contribution to the Gift Fund goes directly into the operation budget helping to offset the expenses that ticket sales do not cover
- Contributing to the Herbert W. Schooling Endowment Fund, makes a direct and unique investment in both the current operation and the future financial security of the University Concert Series.
- An endowment has been created to allow for special projects that otherwise wouldn’t be possible. Additional funds generated through the Special Projects Endowment Fund make performances that we could not normally afford because of high artist fees, such as artists like Itzhak Perlman, possible.
When you give, you can enjoy exclusive benefits including preferred seating, exclusive pre-concert receptions, invitations to the annual donors’ reception, free ticket exchanges, tax benefits, and recognition in our program. Some of those benefits include:
- Advance ticket sales/ Preferred Seating: Donor tickets go on sale in late June. The general public is unable to purchase tickets until July 16, 2010.
- Invitation to a private donor reception prior to a pre-assigned UCS event every year
- Free ticket exchange privileges … exchange your tickets for another performance this season for no additional charge.
- Free reprints on lost tickets.
- Program recognition
- Quarterly donor newsletter with information on upcoming events, outreach and community engagement, and much more.
*A portion of your gift may be eligible for a charitable contribution. Generally, that amount would be the difference between the amount you give and the services or goods that you receive, such as premium tickets, event invitations and other special items reserved for donors. The Concert Series will apprise you of these amounts when your gift is received. If you would like for more of your gift to be considered as a charitable contribution, certain benefits can be waived.
Volunteering is a great opportunity to show support for something you believe in.